LAWS OF KENYA The PermanenT SecreTary To The TreaSury (IncorPoraTIon) acT Chapter 101 Revised Edition 2010 (1982) Published by the National Council for Law Reporting with the Authority of the Attorney General CAP.
101 Permanent Secretary to the Treasury [Rev.
010 (Incorporation) CHAPTER 101 2 of 1962, THE PERMANENT SECRETARY TO THE TREASURY L.N.
124/1964, (INCORPORATION) ACT L.N.
374/1964, 21 of 1966.
Commencement: 13th March 1962 An Act of Parliament to incorporate the Permanent Secretary to the Treasury of Kenya Short title.
This Act may be cited as the Permanent Secretary to the Treasury (Incorporation) Act.
Constitution of body.
(1) The ofcer for the time being discharging the duties of corporate.
Permanent Secretary to the Treasury of Kenya, and his successors in L.N.
ofce, shall be a body corporate under the name of Permanent Secretary to the Treasury of Kenya (hereinafter called the corporation).
(2) The corporation may sue and be sued in its corporate name and shall have perpetual succession and a corporate seal, and that seal may from time to time be broken, changed, altered and made anew as to the corporation seems t: Provided that until such time as a common seal for the corporation can be provided the ofcer for the time being discharging the duties of the ofce of Permanent Secretary to the Treasury of Kenya may use such seal or stamp as may be approved by the Minister.
The corporation may acquire, purchase, take, hold and enjoy movable and immovable property of every description, and may convey, assign, surrender and yield up, mortgage, charge, demise, reassign, transfer or otherwise dispose of, or deal with.
any movable and immovable property vested in the corporation upon such terms as to the corporation seems t; and in respect of in connexion with the matters aforesaid or any of them, the corporation may do all such things and acts as bodies corporate may lawfully do.
Execution of 4.
(1) All deeds, documents or other instruments requiring the documents.
seal of the corporation shall be sealed with the seal of the corporation in the presence of the ofcer for the time being discharging the duties of the ofce of Permanent Secretary to the Treasury of Kenya, who shall sign every such deed, document or other instrument to which the corporate seal is afxed, and that signing shall be sufcient evidence Permanent Secretary to the Treasury CAP.
010] 3 (Incorporation) that the seal was duly and properly afxed and that it is the lawful seal of the corporation.
(2) Section 17 of the Registration of Documents Act shall not Cap.
apply to the ofcer from time to time discharging the duties of the ofce of Permanent Secretary to the Treasury of Kenya in respect of the registration of any instruments purporting to be or to have been executed under subsection (1) of this section.
A notication in the Gazette of the appointment of any person Notication to be to hold or act in the ofce of Permanent Secretary evidence of to the conclusive evidence Treasury of Kenya shall be conclusive evidence that that person was of appointment.
duly so appointed.
(1) No written law which does not bind the Government shall Corporation not bind the corporation.
(2) Land vested in the corporation shall not be deemed to be public land except for the purposes of any law relating to rating for the time being in force in Kenya.
Upon the commencement of this Act there shall vest in the Transfer of property corporation by virtue of this section and without further assurance all to the corporation.
movable and immovable property vested in, and the benet and burden 21 of 1966, of all contracts made by or on behalf of the former Chief Secretary of 1st Sch.
the Colony and Protectorate of Kenya in the name of Chief Secretary, Colony and Protectorate of Kenya, a body corporate by virtue of Chief 15 of 1958.
Secretary (Incorporation) Act, 1958 (now repealed).